News & Anouncements 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE June 2020
Following recent Government guidance and advice from Bowls England our green is now open to members for casual play subject to the following:-
CONDITIONS FOR PLAY AT GARDEN VILLAGE
The green will be open for casual play including pair’s matches subject to the following conditions based on guidance from Bowls England. Members play at their own risk and should only play by arrangement.
1. The green will be available in 2 hour slots from 10am until 8pm everyday except Mondays. Members should
vacate the premises 15 minutes before the end of their session.
2. Book a rink by phone: Ray Moody 2367222 or Norman Keith 4601182
3. A maximum of 4 members per rink and an empty rink must be maintained between occupied rinks,
4. Members are required to adhere to current social distancing rules at all times.
5. Two jacks should be used; one for each end of the rink, jacks must not be bowled but be placed in position
by foot only.
6. The Village Hall will be shut so toilet facilities will not be available at the moment.
7. The only bowls equipment other than members own bowls to be used are mats and jacks which must be
cleaned before and after use. Please also clean all locks and any handles when you leave the bowls green.
8.. Hand sanitiser, cleanser spray and paper towels will be available in the club hut.
9. Take away any rubbish with you.
Ray Moody, Club Secretary
Members Fees 2020
From the information provided by the Club Secretary, members will be aware of the financial restraints the Club is facing due to Covid19 and the recent steps the Club have undertaken in this regard.
It would be appreciated if members would ensure any outstanding fees / subscriptions are paid to the club treasurer a.s.a.p to enable a full assment of the clubs finances to be undertaken before any decision can be made regarding this years and next years fees.
Coffee Morning - 27th June 2020 - 10.00am - Suspended Pending Further Information
Why not call in and have chat with a cuppa and cake.
All our members are encouraged to attend if possible to support the event and the Club.
County Challege Cup - 1st August 2020 - 10.00 am - Suspended Pending Further Information
Our Club is hosting one of the Challenge Cup semi finals in which a mens team from our Club will be participating in. All members are encouraged to attend if possible to support the event and players, expecially our team.